Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ukrainian Style Roast Beef

I, as the dominant male of the household have once again been entrusted with cooking the holiday meal. Now as some of you know I am not your normal/traditional holiday host. I like to cook things that are more of your how do you say, off the beaten track. Now most people will spend allot of time preparing a Turkey only to throw it in the oven and produce a golden brown, throat chocking dry piece of white flesh. It usually requires ladles of gravy to even make it palatable non the less add flavor. Others, will prepare things like , Goose, Ham, Cornish Hens you get the idea. I however have been known to make multible slabs of ribs, rotisserie turkey which by the way, if prepared properly is the most flavorful, moist, tasty way to prepare a turkey. I have prepared Prime Rib, Fillet Minion, Smoked Salmon and this year, Ukrainian style Roast Beef. Whats the difference you ask? I have learned from a master, the secret of a tasty roast. I spend allot of time cooking the afor mentioned "Roast". Chuck or English cut is the cut of choice for this meal. I select the finest cuts of beef I can locate, looking for a nice marbling. It must have a decent amount of fat along the edge. Pre-seasoning is paramount. And most of all, Patience. You must take your time. This recipe can be found and read in its entirety at, " myrosiecheeks.net" A link can be found on this page and will take you there where you can explore many fine recipes for a vast variety of foods and tasty treats. Merry Christmas All, I'm Dave Brokaw and Thahaaats the News.

No comments: